Welcome to Topspin Volleyball
Victoria's largest indoor & outdoor volleyball league
Indoor Volleyball Rules
Be sure your team is there and ready to play on time. In response to your concerns we will institute the following. If one team is ready to go and waiting for the opposing team at the start time, the waiting team will get one point for each minute of delay, at the 8 minute/point mark the first game is forfeited to the waiting team. Please bring this to the attention of the gym coordinator when the timing begins.
- No touching the net, unless net is hit into you.
- Setting serves and hits is allowed.
- Play ball with any part of body.
- First contact can be multiple hits.
- No playing ball on adjacent court.
- Players subbing in during playoffs must be same level or lower than the person being replaced or else games are defaulted at the discretion of gym organizer.
- MUST have 6 players for playoffs, you may play with 5 with the ghost rule at the discretion of gym organizer.
- Should have 6 players on court, minimum 2 girls on the court. If you can't replace a player, you can play with 5 players (maximum of 4 guys). But 4 players or less is a default depending on gym organizer.
- Play as many games to 21 (cap 21).
- Records are based on points. 2 points for winning full game, 1 point for winning partial game. Games with scores that add up to 7 count.
- Net serves are in play.
- Ball enters court, automatic re-serve.
- Call own fouls (honour system) and re-serve point if there's a misunderstanding or ask organizer.
- If you can't make it to play, call Fuji ASAP or you'll get dropped a pool.
- Anyone interested in being a spare for an early round or late round in same gym, let Fuji know so you can be on the spare list.
Feel free to make suggestions on how to make the league better.