**LEAGUE SUSPENSION NOTICE**
Effective immediately until further notice, Topspin Volleyball is suspending all league play in order to minimize potential exposure to other players, to help reduce the spread, and to keep other Topspin players safe. We will resume league play once we have received approval to do so.
Thank you for your understanding.
Topspin Volleyball - Outdoor
Topspin’s Outdoor Volleyball League 2020
We are starting our outdoor league July 7th.
We hope you are staying safe and healthy during these times.
Topspin offers outdoor volleyball leagues (two sessions) starting in May going through to August.
When? Tuesday nights; 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm (or when it's dark)
Spring Dates: COVID-19 CANCELLATION
Summer Dates: July 7th - August 25th
Where? Beckwith Park
Format? Co-ed 3s/4s. Sign up as a team of 3 or as a team of 4. Will one extra player make the difference? (1 female player must be on the court at all times during play)
Co-ed 3s: $195/team
Co-ed 4s: $260/team
Unfortunately, Topspin Volleyball is not accepting any single player registrations at this time.
If you have any questions or would like to register for an Outdoor League, please CONTACT US.
- • No setting the serves, your hands must be touching together or overlapped.
- • Players can set free-balls
- • Players cannot set the ball over the net or to opponents.
• Jump serves allowed.
• Serve anywhere behind the baseline.
• No open hand tips, either ball goes off knuckle or roll shot.
• Net serves are in play.
• Play ball with any part of body.
- • First contact coming over to your side may hit you multiple times if one motion (eg. ball boucing off your arms and then your face).
Block doesn't count as first contact.
May go under the net as long as you don't make contact with opponent or interfere with play.
- • Please call your own net fouls. No touching any part of the net.
- • If you step foot in an adjacent court before touching the ball, the play is dead/automatic side-out.
- • Anyone can hit from anywhere, there's no rotation on court except you must follow same serving sequence.
- • If there's a tie in score when whistle is blown, team that won the point can decide to serve or receive for next point.
- • Decide before the game starts if you would like to switch sides every 10 pts or every game due to sun/wind.
Winners mark scores down,One person from the court reports scores to us, no scores marked = no points. 2 points full game 1 point partial game. Games that add up to 7 points will make a partial game. When there are substitute teams filling in, their games do not count. Overall winning team moves up and losing team moves down a division.
- • Games to 21 (cap 21).
Guys are allowed to block girls.
- • Must have at least 1 girl on the court at all times during play.
- • If your team can't make it to play, call Fuji ASAP and your team will keep current spot or you'll get dropped a pool for not showing.
- • Players can play any position.
Additional COVID-19 Rules:
All players must read and agree to the updated COVID-19 Outdoor Volleyball Policies & Guidelines.
• All players must bring their own water bottle. Water will not be provided by Topspin Volleyball for this Summer session.
• Do not shake hands or hi-5 with other players. Shaking hands or hi-5s with your own team members will be at your own discretion. At the end of a match, simply say “good game”.
• When switching sides, move in a counter-clockwise direction towards the outside of the court.
• If a ball enters your court, gently kick the ball back to the correct court.
• Only 1 player at a time permitted at the schedule table.
• 1 player from the winning team will report the scores to a Topspin Organizer.
• Do not adjust any of the volleyball nets. If net adjustments are required, contact a Topspin Organizer.
• Do not take the volleyball nets down at the end of the night.
• Blocking is not permitted (by both men and women).
• Attacking or blocking any over-bump (from serve or attack) is not permitted (by both men and women).
• A 2m line will be established on each side of the court. Men are not permitted to attack a ball inside the 2m line. All attacks by men must be behind the 2m line. Men cannot jump behind the 2m line and land in front of the 2m line.
• Women may attack the ball at the net.
Due to the current health situation, all players participating in our leagues MUST READ & SIGN the Topspin Volleyball Participant Agreement. Players under the age of 18 years must have the Participant Agreement signed by a parent/guardian.
All players MUST READ & AGREE to our COVID-19 Outdoor Volleyball Policies & Guidelines.
All players MUST READ & AGREE to the Topspin Volleyball Illness Policy.
CLICK HERE for the Participant Agreement
CLICK HERE for the Topspin COVID-19 Outdoor Volleyball Policies & Guidelines
CLICK HERE for the Topspin Volleyball Illness Policy
CLICK HERE for the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
Summer 2020 Outdoor League Schedule
The schedule will be posted on Sundays for league play on the following Tuesday and Wednesday. Please check the schedule on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon for any changes to the schedule.
|Tuesday, August 25 (Last Night)|
|1.||Cbay Comets (Jordan Karcher)|
|2.||Got Rice? (Susan Kwan)|
|3.||To Kill a Blocking Nerd (Ken Dunlop)|
|4.||Kiss The Ace (Sabrina Lai)|
|5.||Donner's Team (Donner Trinidad)|
|1.||The Ball Crushers (Bruce Kwan)|
|2.||Smooth Moves (Ron Mallon)|
|3.||Diggy Smalls (Claire Lee)|
|4.||Roger That (Annie Lau)|
|5.||Wined Up! (Rita Findlay)|
|6.||Fresh Coast (Rosa Leal)|
|Wednesday, August 26 (Last Night)|
|1.||Mission Unblockable (Jessica Nguyen)|
|2.||Straight Shots (Dalbir Sidhu)|
|3.||Shark Fins (Rebecah Burrage)|
|4.||Leaping Gnomes (Greg Lawson)|
|5.||Bump Set Spirit Quest (Alex Austin)|
|6.||Bump, Set, Psych (Carl Chambers)|
|1.||Sidney's Team (Sidney Thiessen)|
|2.||Fraser Street Gang Featuring Big Daddy (Lindsey Sweet)|
|3.||Kinky Sets (Taylor Irving)|
|4.||Fuzzy Bunnies (Cara Jay)|
|5.||Big Dig Energy (Julianna Kwan)|
AS A CONDITION OF PLAYING IN ANY TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ORGANIZED LEAGUE, EACH PARTICIPANT ASSUMES ALL RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY, INFECTION, OR PROPERTY LOSS RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PLAYING THE SPORT OF VOLLEYBALL OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY SPORTING EVENT OR LEAGUE HELD BY TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION. EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY SUCH PERSONAL INJURY, INFECTION INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COVID-19, OR PROPERTY LOSS AND RELEASES TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION AND ITS DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SPONSORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS THAT HE/SHE MAY HAVE AGAINST TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION. BY PARTICIPATING IN ANY TOPSPIN VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE OR EVENT, THE PARTICIPANT HEREBY AGREES TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT.